[lazarus] TDataset ready and tested !!

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Dec 1 18:55:56 EST 1999

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:

> With Data do
>   begin
>   Append;
>   FieldByName('Name').AsString:='Michael A. Hess';
>   FieldByName('Age').AsInteger:=3;
>   FieldByName('Height').AsFloat:=5.8;
>   Post;
>   end;

Well the height is almost correct but the age is WAY off.  ;-)

> 0) Please test and give lots of feedback !!

Nothing much constructive from me yet other than....impressive. :-)

> 4) If KCL or Lazarus or MOS is ready: produce a set of Data-aware
>    controls.

This would be a major thing to have in Lazarus. Given the fact that alot
of Delphi programs use databases and the TDataset this would make FPC
and Lazarus VERY popular on Linux.

>    5b) Make some money with them and become terribly rich...

Oh.... now this I LIKE!!!!   ;-)

>    5c) Give half your earnings to support the FPC team... :-)

I might have to think about this one.  Hmmmmmm.   :-)