[lazarus] Regarding "Proting the form editor"

Kevin Berry kevinbe71 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 13:57:27 EST 1999

I'm aware of what XML is :-)  Although it is a Text
format it won't be interchangeable without using some
conversion routine (as you've stated).  I always
prefer to be able to transfer files directly without
doing any conversion though :-)

The way a DFM file (ASCII) is structured it fits very
well with the XML format because it is a tree-like
structure already.  It would be slightly more
efficient in terms of space though (no real problem
there).  Altough I suppose instead of the "begin"'s
and "end"'s you'd have <TAGSTART></TAGEND> everywhere,
so they probably would be very similar in terms of
size...

I think I'd be happy with either format of course...
Better than a binary format!

Cheers,
Kevin.

--- "Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:

> Interesting! I haven't gotten around to purchasing a
> copy of Delphi 5
> yet so I wasn't aware that they had gone to a text
> format.