[lazarus] Regarding "Proting the form editor"

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Dec 6 16:32:09 EST 1999

Sebastian Guenther wrote:

> > I hadn't looked at it but does what you added work with the
> > binary version of DFM, text version, or both?
>
> It can convert DFM->text and text->DFM. Why I mentioned this stuff is
> because it should be really simple to adapt the sources to create
> DFM->XML converters and so on.
> I'm talking about the implementations of the following procedures:
>   procedure ObjectBinaryToText(Input, Output: TStream);
>   procedure ObjectTextToBinary(Input, Output: TStream);
>
>   procedure ObjectResourceToText(Input, Output: TStream);
>   procedure ObjectTextToResource(Input, Output: TStream);

Yeah I realize that is what you meant. My question was with regard to
the new Delphi text form of the DFM. As reported Delphi 5 saves DFM
information as text now and not binary as before. Does the above
routines take this into account? Since I haven't seen the new Delphi 5
text version of the DFM I can't say for sure whether the new text
version matches the same output of the above routines. If it does then
it is a mute point. If it is different then is it possible that we could
make these routines read either the binary or text version and convert
them to the same text output?