[lazarus] new adventure

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sat Dec 18 00:25:43 EST 1999

On 17-Dec-99 Alexandre Grenier wrote:

> But I think it's quasi impossible that one of the languages out there is an
> "overall best possible".. you understand? Pascal is simply Overall best..
> but I bet it could be improved.

I would love to see Java run as fast as Pascal. If it could, I think it would
be the ultimate language. It is the best language I have ever developed. It
is very close to C++ symantics but you don't have to deal with pointers and
memory management (and garbage collection). But it is so slow right now that it
really isn't feasible for many applications.

I also love Pascal, but like Cliff said, it is sometimes too wordy and
currently doesn't have a mechanism for multiple inheritance (Java doesn't
officially have multiple inheritance, but it can be done with interfaces).

Curtis