[lazarus] Q: CreateWnd, CreateHandle, HandleNeeded: which to override

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at zonnet.nl
Wed Dec 29 02:22:29 EST 1999

> I just committed my changes and both components (and examples) are working
> again.
>
> I'm not absolutely sure if everything went right with my commit, so it'd
be
> nice if somebody could check it. Specially I'm not sure if everything is
OK
> with gtkobject.inc because I had to resolve a conflict there.

I just checked everything out and I do get an error when I try do make lcl,
lazarus or the examples. I do not know if it is caused by your conflicts.
This is the error I get:

[fpc at dcel433 fpc]$ cd /opt/fpc/lazarus
[fpc at dcel433 lazarus]$ cd lcl
[fpc at dcel433 lcl]$ make clean
rm -f vclglobals.ppu lmessages.ppu utrace.ppu controls.ppu graphics.ppu
interfac
es.ppu lcllinux.ppu interfacebase.ppu gtkint.ppu dialogs.ppu stdctrls.ppu
comctr
ls.ppu forms.ppu menus.ppu spin.ppu buttons.ppu extctrls.ppu imglist.ppu
tabnotb
k.ppu registry.ppu clipbrd.ppu messages.ppu
rm -f fpcmade.lnx ppas.sh link.res log
[fpc at dcel433 lcl]$ make
ppc386 -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux -Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/linux -
Fu/o
pt/fpc/packages/gtk -FE. -di386 vclglobals.pp
ppc386 -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux -Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/linux -
Fu/o
pt/fpc/packages/gtk -FE. -di386 lmessages.pp
linux.pp(750,2) Fatal: Can't open include file textrec.inc
make: *** [lmessages.ppu] Error 1

This is not the first time a get this error of a missing textrec.inc. Most
of the times it goes away after a few days and a few checkouts. I do have a
textrec.inc in the rtl/inc directory.

I hope this a is clear enough. If not mail me or just let it be. It probably
will go away again in a few days,

Vincent Snijders