[lazarus] I'll have some code for you in an hour or 2

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Jul 5 19:05:19 EDT 1999

Greetings,

Hey Cliff you wanted to see what I am doing with the signal processing
and callback stuff.

Well I have most of it integrated. I am working at a fever pitch on
recoding TControl (controls.pp), TForm (forms.pp), and TButton
(buttons.pp). I have to modify TControl because it is the base of all
other components. I picked TForm because it isn't that complicated and
the same for TButton since it is a normal component.

What I have done is totally removed any reference to gtk from the code.
Everything from widget creation to widget callbacks is done in
GUIAPI.pp. It has a class called TGUIAPI which controls all interaction
between the class library and the widget set being used. What this will
mean is that the only piece of code that will need to be rewritten for a
different API will be the GUIAPI.pp file. When you link your program you
will use the GUIAPI unit of your choice and that is the API that the
application will use. Simple.

I am going to do just a little more coding tonight and then I'll send
you a sample of what I am doing. I'll send it private email this
shouldn't be committed to CVS until alot more work is done. That is of
course assuming that anyone wants this to be committed.  :-)

The code I'll be sending probably won't compile and work yet because
there are still some interactions that need to be addressed to get
everything working.