[lazarus] Patches to Shanes files

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Jul 7 17:01:12 EDT 1999

I chagned all the SetCallBack functions to send a LM_MESSAGE instead of a string.  As I was in the middle of doing this I realized a problem.  The declaration of the methods use "message 'resize'" in them  So of course the next thought I had was why not use "message LM_RESIZE" and then we could use Dispatch(LM_RESIZE) instead of DispatchStr('resize');

I ask because I'm not that familiar with Dispatch.  But I assume that's how it's meant to be used in the first place.

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> Another thought.  Instead of calling
> InterfaceObject.Callback(some_string,self) should we be using
> something like LM_CLICKED and LM_SHOW?  That way if the names for QT
> (or other tools) aren't the same as gtk's names the qt folks (when
> writing the interface) should be able to simply use the global
> variables to know what signal we are referring to.

Yep that is a real good one. Do it that way.  :-)