[lazarus] Inprise Linux Delphi survey

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Jul 9 12:19:14 EDT 1999

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Peter Vreman wrote:

> At 14:51 9-7-99 , you wrote:
>

> >On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Michael A. Hess wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone seen the announcement about the survey Inprise is doing with
> > > regard to their creating a Linux version of Delphi.
> > >
> > > Read about it at http://slashdot.org
> > >
> > > There has been alot of reader feedback about it, surprisingly negative,
> >
> >Most of is is pure rubbish, completely unfounded.
> >Same pulp you find on 95% of all web pages.
> >
> > > but I have yet to read about anyone actually taking the survey. Everyone
> > > assumes the site has been /. but I don't think they have things setup
> > > correctly and no one has taken the survey yet.
> >
> >Try to get on www5.inprise.com - I can't even do a nslookup for it.
> >Old problem with Inprise/Borland.
> >

> > > If anyone does get to the site announce it here so we can all go look at
> > > what they are asking users.
> >
> >No luck for the past 15 minutes:
> >Connect: Host www5.inprise.com contacted. Waiting for reply...
> >
> >As soon as I get there, I will let you know.
>
> here it works now, it's a form with 36 questions !!

Quick impressions:

yep, just filled it in :-)
(10 minute wait to get a reply when I pressed 'Save')

Disappointed to see that they don't mention FPC between the
'list of developer tools you currently use...'
We should mail them about that ;)

Seems that they consider using WINE as an option. Accountancy dept. probably
showing it's biceps there :)

Michael.