[lazarus] PPU Compiler Errors

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Fri Jul 9 17:02:28 EDT 1999

I just updated all my FPC files from CVS. I compiled the compiler with 'make
cycle'. Then I copied the new ppc386 file to the /opt/fpc directory overwriting
the previous version. Then I went into the /opt/fpc/rtl directory and did a
make. I copied all the *.ppu and *.o files to the /opt/fpc/units/linux
directory. Then I went in and did a make in the fcl and gtk directories. So far,
everything worked just fine.

Finally, I went into the /opt/fpc/api directory and tried to do a make and that
is where the trouble started. I got the following error there:

Compiling video.pas
Fatal: Invalid PPU-File entry: 14
make: *** [video.ppu] Error 1

So obviously this didn't work. I event tried doing a 'make clean' to start
from scratch. Still got the same error.

Then I tried compiling the Simple IDE that I am working on by using:
  ppc386 lazaruside.pp

This worked fine before I did this last update. But now I get the following
error:

Compiling lazaruside.pp
text.inc(23,1) Fatal: Invalid PPU-File entry: 14

and that is it. It doesn't compile any more. I have the FPCDIR variable setup
to /opt/fpc and have the Makefile and makefile.fpc files from the
/opt/fpc/base directory copied to /opt/fpc. So as far as I can tell, everything
is setup properly.

I have the 0.99.12 compiler installed from the .rpm's. When I use that compiler
on the lazaruside.pp file, it compiles perfectly. But I cannot get it to
compile with the new 0.99.13 compiler in the /opt/fpc directory.

So now I am stumped and not sure exactly what to do. I would like to be able to
use the latest compiler with the new fixes in, but I cannot get it to work. Does
anyone know what is causing these errors and how I can fix them? If so, please
let me know.

Thanks...Curtis