[lazarus] Tiny thing... And some CVS questions

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Sun Jul 11 12:05:31 EDT 1999

I have a tiny issue that most of you probably haven't noticed.  A lot of
the source files I am getting in from CVS updates have odd end of line
terminations.  It is neither *nix or dos standard, but instead seems to be
a combination of both.  In other words a line will end with $0D $0D $0A.  I
don't know if this is a result of some people editing in win32 Edit, some
in linux vi or emacs or whatever you guys use, or if ir might be the
lazarus editor doing it.  At any rate, if freaks the win32 Edit out,
showing little musical notes for the singleton $0D.  I know, crappy
editor...  No big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

On to the CVS questions.  What does CVS do to a source file that I have
editted, and it detects there is a new version to be downloaded?  It seems
to be leaving it all in there, and commenting out what I have changed, but
it's hard to tell, as the blocks are big, I have the editor problem
mentioned above, and I can't get the lazarus IDE compiled to a point to use
the syntax coloring.  All I know is that after every update, it takes me a
while to figure out just what is what.  CVS docs are a bit hard to follow
on this.

Jeff.