[lazarus] hi

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Jul 13 09:05:34 EDT 1999

It's looking for a variable (like an environment variable) that tells it where the root of your FPC directory is.

Mine is at /use/lib/fpc so I type'd at the prompt
export FPCDIR=/usr/lib/fpc

You can also put this in to your bashlogin profile.
Try that and let us know.

Shane

>>> Didier Gasser-Morlay <didierg at visualgroup.com> 07/13 7:53 AM >>>
I connected yesterday to the cvs to download the lazarus and ide code.

I am running on Linux. Whenver I try to do a make, it complains about a
FPCDIR & FPCMAKE not set up. FPCDIR I can figure out, but FPCMAKE ???

The thing is I'am new to Linux, FPC, Lazarus, CVS and coming from a long
background in Windows/Delphi/Powerbuilder .... may be I'am trying to
learn too many things at the same time :-( ? but it's getting
frustrating as every time I try to do something I bang my head on a new
wall.

So do you have somewhere a paper for the dummies or newbies describing
the (proper) setup of FPC and lazarus so that I can install things and
start rock and rolling and may be contribute either to Lazarus and FPC.
The work your have undertasken is BRILLIANT and I'd love to help as much
as I can.

Thanks in advance
I hope I was not too off-topic
Didier
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily
represent those of Visual Communications Group or its principal
operating
divisions (FPG, Telegraph Colour Library, Planet Earth Pictures,
Colorific!, Pix, Giraudon, Bavaria Bildagentur).
which
it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not
read,
copy, use or disclose this communication; and please notify the sender
immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.