[lazarus] New Colorizer

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Tue Jul 13 20:58:15 EDT 1999

How about the following:

mwEdit
http://www.eccentrica.org/gabr/mw/mwedit.htm

This was built for Delphi. The author says he wants the Delphi community to
take over development of it. It sounds pretty nice and it sounds like it has
almost everything you need.

Here are a some of its features:

- A study on how to create a custom edit control without using a Windows edit
control
- Multiline edit control
- Thirteen highlighters (ObjectPascal, C++, Perl, Java, HP48, CA-Clipper, SQL,
TCL/TK, HTML, AWK, VBScript, Galaxy, and general)
- Two exporters (HTML and RTF)
- No inherent memory limitations
- Extensible syntax highlighting
- Extensible syntax exporting
- Customisable keyboard commands
- Bookmarks and gutter marks
- Drag and drop

I briefly looked at it and it looks like it is built from a TCustomControl
which I believe we have. So it might not be all that hard to convert it. If
nothing else, it will probably be able to give you some good ideas on how to do
the syntax highlighting, unlimited text, and the gutter with gutter marks. So I
think it would be pretty useful either way.

Curtis

On 13-Jul-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> Question:
> I've been staring at my screen now for a while trying to think of the best
> way to create a new colorizer with a gray area to the left of it for
> breakpoints and such.
> Anyone have any idea's they want to share?  I figure with this many people,
> someone will probably say something that'll get me going.
>
> The current setup is a TMemo (gtktext) but technically it shouldn't be able
> to colorize stuff.  Also, I think gtktext widget suffers from an inability to
> hold large files.
>
> Also, I HATE how it hold's the text in memory.  It holds it in one long line
> instead of a list of strings.
>
> Thoughts?  It's too quiet in this mailing list today anyways.
>
> Shane

>> I connected yesterday to the cvs to download the lazarus and ide code.
>>
>> I am running on Linux. Whenver I try to do a make, it complains about a
>> FPCDIR & FPCMAKE not set up. FPCDIR I can figure out, but FPCMAKE ???
> You only need to set the FPCDIR to /usr/lib/fpc/0.99.12/ because there is
> the makefile.fpc located
>
> Peter

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>