[lazarus] Simple Hello in Delphi

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Jul 13 23:10:37 EDT 1999

Just as an example to show the similarity I have create a Delphi version
of the HelloWorld program. When you look at the code you will see almost
exactly the same code. The only difference is that the .dfm resource is
called and the FormDestroy is not need. Future version of the class
library will also not need the FormDestroy.

However for the most part you can see that we are very close to creating
a Delphi like environment for programming. Once the class libraries are
completed and the IDE is completed then a RAD can be created and then
the code should be almost identical to Delphi in appearance.