[lazarus] New Install for Win32 FreePascal

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jul 16 10:41:57 EDT 1999

Greetings,

I have created a complete installation package for the Windows version
of Free Pascal. It lets you install it any place on your machine that
you wish. It configures the autoexec.bat it also rewrites the ppc386.cfg
to use the installation location for files. All works great except for
one little problem.

The problem is in the generated link.res file. For one of the SEARCH_DIR
lines it is using the longfiles name for a directory instead of the
short file name. It only occurs with the one line. When this is changed
to match the others everything works great. Below is an excerp from the
link.res file so you can see the problem.

What generates this link.res file and can we get it to use convert to
use the short file names? Onces this is fixed it will be possible to
install Free Pascal anyplace on your machine.

Any easy solutions so that I can distrbute this installer today?

SEARCH_DIR(C:\PROGRA~1\PP\rtl\win32\)
SEARCH_DIR(C:\PROGRA~1\PP\units\win32\)
SEARCH_DIR(C:\PROGRA~1\PP\source\rtl\win32\)
SEARCH_DIR(C:\program files\pp\bin\win32\)
INPUT(
C:\PROGRA~1\PP\rtl\win32\wprt0.ow
compileroptions.ow
dialogs.ow