[lazarus] New Win32 Installer Now Available!!!

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jul 17 08:44:58 EDT 1999

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> I think bill did that to cause the command line dudes problems thus forcing
> us towards windows.

You can be sure he did: On Unix, spaces in directories are allowed,
but one simply doesn't do it, since unix is/was command-line oriented.

If you know how 'long file names' are implemented on FAT systems you'll
understand that this MUST have been a marketing decision, technically
it's the biggest shambles I've ever seen.

Michael.