[lazarus] What to do

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jul 17 12:44:59 EDT 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:
> >
> > Cliff or Shane, I think you should put out a class chart in the sense
> > you (Rational rose) or I proposed (PostScript) and publish it
> > regularly as a picture on your web-site, maybe you should add the name
> > of a maintainer to each component.
>
> I agree. I know what Shane is working on and what Cliff is working on.
> I'm working on the dialog stuff and some more events for classes etc.
> etc. but it would help if the mass of lurkers would know so if they so
> decide to throw some code in they have an idea whats open.
>
> > Since you're gaining momentum (Roaring crowds cheering loudly in the
> > background, Mexican waves all over the place :) )
> > I think this is very important.
>
> Along those same thoughts of the roaring crowds that is exactly what I
> am seeing with the amount of members on the mailing list. I think it
> might be time to setup a real domain for Lazarus. I am willing to host
> and fund the domain if we can get some agreement on what the name of the
> domain should be. Any suggestions?

Lazarus.org, of course !

> It is probably a good idea for FreePascal to have a domain as well.
> There use to be a freepascal.org but that seems to have gone away. I
> suggest registering it again. I'm willing to do that as well if the FPC
> people want it.

I _AM_ in the process of re-registering it. For 6 MONTHS already.
The people at InterNIC are

a) INCREDIBLY Slow
b) just PLAIN DUMB. If you excuse me the words;

Or they are simply overworked; I'm willing to allow for that, though
it doesn't explain everything I've been going through. It seems that a
'domain name registrant change' as it is technically called, is VERY hard.
Much harder than a simple registration.

Last week friday I was put on hold for 40 minutes. Call from Belgium to the
USA. At the prices we have here (1-2$ a minute) you can imagine :(

Anyway, I have good hope we'll get there eventually :-)

Michael.