[lazarus] What to do

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jul 17 16:17:49 EDT 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, d0hb0y wrote:

> >Last week friday I was put on hold for 40 minutes. Call from Belgium to the
> >USA. At the prices we have here (1-2$ a minute) you can imagine :(
>
> Wow you actually got thru?  I've tried calling internic, no less than 15
> times, and every single time the line is continuously busy.

Did I mention I tried -at least- 10 times every day during the whole week,
before finally succeeding to get a connection on friday ? :-)
Now you understand why I was determined to wait the 40 minutes !!

I like the fact that they play a tape every five minutes:
 'Your expected waiting time is XXX minutes'
Just to encourage you...

> They were billing me for a domain name I cancelled 3 months ago, I just
> throw the bill away anymore.  I submitted a domain name deletion 4 times
> and they still bill me.  I'd like to know where my 35 dollars a year goes,
> cause it sure doesnt go towards personell. :)
>
> == Ron
>
> PS: I dont have any additional numbers for internic, but I wonder if they
> have "management" phone numbers... and if they do, maybe you can get a hold
> of a manager and explain the BS about being on hold for 40 minutes from
> Belgium.  Thats just unacceptable.

Tell me about it :(

The previous registrant of freepascal.org (an englishman) phrased it thus:
Phrase 1
 "Man they're so dumb that if they fell in a bucket of tits, they'd still
  come out sucking their thumbs"
Phrase 2
 'No wonder they lost the privilige of being the sole distributor of
  domain names'

The first is a nice picture; the second is plain reality !

Michael.