[lazarus] Win32 Installer/Lazarus

Derk Benner delphidb at rsvlonline.net
Sun Jul 18 13:55:49 EDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael A. Hess <mhess at miraclec.com>
To: <lazarus at miraclec.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 1999 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Win32 Installer/Lazarus

> > Delores Benner wrote:

*Delores* Benner wrote?????  Hunh?  I think I better re-check my settings as
that's me mither!!!

> Well some can be turned off and some can't. Right now this is in real
> rough development so there is ALOT of tracing statements so that we can
> see what exactly is going on when we add code. In short order some of
> this will start to get cleaned out as we are satisified that the code
> works as it should. Be patient just a little more and those kind of
> things will disappear.

OK  Makes perfect sense to me.

> > Second, I can Open and Save a file, but I seem not to get any editor
> > when selecting New?  (This applies to other menu choices as well, such
> > as New Project.)
>
> This code hasn't been added yet.

Ah so...  This is beginning to sound a lot like I'm not being very patient
here.  BTW, I take it that firing up the GUI interface (Glade???) at the
time the text file is opened is one of those "stages to be completed"???

> > Third, Once I have written and saved source changes, *HOW* do I invoke
> > the compiler from the IDE menu bar?!?
>
> Again this code hasn't been fully implemented yet.

OK.  I understand.

> We have redirected some of the work for the moment from the IDE to more
> components that the IDE needs. In short order things will start to come
> together.

Well, I like the IDE appearance so that's a plus.  And I'm really eager to
get this installed onto Linux (RedHat).  Has anybody created an
RPM/Installer to handle doing the same for RedHat?  Apologies all around but
it's been several years since I've had to use command line compilers and I
never really did get the hang of Make and NMake scripts.

Derek