[lazarus] Resize crash

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Jul 19 12:02:49 EDT 1999

OK, I believe it's all fixed again.

Here's the deal with the canvas.
I currently use a DrawingArea Widget to display the canvas.  Notice the forms are currently black.  That's because I needed to see the canvas.  This will change in the next release.

I'm not sure about the Graphics Context thing yet.  I am going to look into it further.

I'm going to try (emphasis on the word TRY) to create a generic editor for now so if I update CVS, you may not be able to open files, but you should see a new "cool" editor eventually.

BTW, I found something wrong in doing the TCanvas stuff.
It seems that the "expose event" for GTK sends a height that is way off.  I had to use the expose event in GTKINT.PP to re-draw the canvas but I had to change it from using the numbers received in the pgdkeventexpose structure, to using the forms size.  The expose structure seems to give incorrect sizes when calling the event.

can anyone real familiar with GTK look into that?

Shane