[[lazarus] TCanvas]

Michal Bukovjan mbukovjan at netscape.net
Tue Jul 20 11:23:19 EDT 1999

This is what I found.
If you got the GC, you may start drawing using functions like gdk_draw_line,
etc. as defined in gdk.h, especially in gdkdraw.c.

I think the GC object has also properties like font, line style, fill style,
etc., much like windows. Functions for setting these are found in gdkgc.c.

I haven't tested this but this might provide a clue.

Also, the GtkDrawable window is a GdkWindow with some attributes set. I think
there is a macro of some sort that checks this.

So much I have learned,

Regards,

Mike

"Shane Miller" <SMiller1 at stvgb.org> wrote:
> Anyone have any detail on how I would go about writing to the canvas or
drawing area of a gtkwidget without using the drawingarea widget?

> I know I can get a gdkwindow from doing
> fWindow := PgdkWindow(pgtkwidget(widget)^.window);
> but what do I do with that window?  I can get it's gdkgc but I don't have
ANY idea what to do.