[lazarus] Delphi 5, The Delphi decadence...

JFA simdhra at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 20 15:21:13 EDT 1999

Well... I just saw your message and make me think to recall
you about some interesting things than i observed after WIN95 arrived to our
world.

After WIN95 all routines from Borland Pascal, (Delphi in this
case), are only calls to automation of Windows. Bad thing to trust Billy but,
any other alternative for Frank ?, (Frank Borland).  I remeber the
wonderful times when Frank wrote (Himself) the code from very low level to give
us Borland Pascal, and makes me really proud of.  Things I learned with
Borland, Edwards and Duntemann, "The Art of Programming", ill never
forget.  The characteristics that makes me turn to Pascal 3.0 was,
precisely, the power to handle low level.  Now, we all must learn an
horrible thing like windows always changing and unstable close to CHAOS with
eating byte coding and lot of garbage allocated in mem for nothing.

What i think is Frank sold because he saw what im telling ya
write now.  So, inprise is a comercial company and, of course, not a
programmer that knows and love his work.  They only interested in sells
but, no way to talk about coding.  They INTERNET components are close to
unusable and when you go and look for information all ya fine is the same
components at a price close to $5,000.  Same components but they say it
works.  LOL.

Man!..  I prophetize you  our world won't be the
same anymore....  Solutions?

Why not to go back and make libraries just form the core of
BIOS, so that our routines works in any PC system?

Thats what im thinking to do, but... I think no profit in
there.

If we only handle BIOS we can run in any PC.

This is the first time i wrote to someone involved in Lazarus
Project and maybe because i thought you suffering same as me and many other
programmers.  I've beed coding from the 70's.  I never saw something
so stupid like WINDOWS.

THANKS!
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    -----Original Message-----From:
    Luis Ortega Meléndez <<A
    href="mailto:lortega at magicnet.net">lortega at magicnet.net>To:
    lazarus at miraclec.com <<A
    href="mailto:lazarus at miraclec.com">lazarus at miraclec.com>Date:
    Monday, July 19, 1999 12:01 PMSubject: [lazarus] Delphi 5,
    The Delphi decadence...
    A new product from Borland offers basically the same
    features
    of the previous products but with a simple price of
    $2,600.00
    for the enterprise edition... the professional and
    standard are
    exactly the same...

    thats good news for Lazarus project...