[lazarus] Delphi 5 prices!!!

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jul 21 08:17:38 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:
> >
> > This has some imprortant consequences concerning versions of the
> > RTL/FCL/GTK and so on that Lazarus distributes; but these can be
> > discussed later.
>
> I was working on the assumption that the class library code we are
> working on would become part of the FCL. Is that not your vision???
>
> Lazarus would then be an application all be it an IDE that would be
> built using the FCL class libraries.

Yes, did I contradict this ?

I meant that if you distribute a compiled class library, and the user installs
a newer version of FPC, then at each compile of his program, the compiler
will try to recompile the while class library, because the RTL that comes with
FPC is newer than the class library e.g. you distributed.

Michael.