[lazarus] Lazarus Cleanup

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Wed Jul 21 15:38:42 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 06:07:40AM -0400, Michael A. Hess wrote:
> [..]
> I think it is time we start separating the 2. We need to have a
> directory setup that just builds the PPUs for the class libraries and
> then another directory for actual development and testing work.
>
> Cliff since you are adding the debug stuff and the .inc separation why
> don't you do this at the same time. It is just a matter of creating
> another directory for just the IDE code and creating a new makefile.
> Let's do it now before it does get to much more complicated.

I'd like to see an extra directory with examples for the different
components. The way the GTK team did it seems good:

   +examples
	|-- Makefile
	|-- README.1ST
	|-- checkbox
	|   |-- Makefile
	|   -- checkbox.pp

	|-- button
	|   |-- Makefile
	|   -- button.pp

This would offer a starting point for new users and can help us during
development because it allows to test each component without running into
bugs burried in some other component.

bye,

  Stefan
Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org