[Re: [lazarus] How are we going to store component data?]

Jeff Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Wed Jul 21 15:39:44 EDT 1999

>> 3) Using the below system, reading of larger pixmaps, sound clips or
>> whatever binary data could be real fun :-(
>

>Why?? I'm confused by your whole email.

It sounds here like he's saying that by embedding graphics and sound into a resource file, that is then compiled into the executable, would be hard to do.  If I am not totally off my tree, the dfm is a descriptor of how to build and access the resource file.

However, I don't see the maintenance of this as an FPC include as being a drawback.  Convert a dfm to text with the utility, and tell me what difference it would make (aside from speed) to store this data in a binary format, or store it in a constant structure as fpc code.  It actually should simplify things somewhat, since what is completely hidden in Delphi (resource management) is made available to everyone in lazarus (include files).

Jeff.