[lazarus] Component page revisited.

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jul 23 08:48:06 EDT 1999

Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> Would it be better to use a link to a home page, rather than a mailto?
> That way, if you are concerned about the crawler it is likely you have
> done something about it in your page already.

I personally don't mind a mailto link for my name. Hell my name and
email is already all over the place. If a spammer wants to get it there
already are a thousand and one places for that. So I don't want to limit
a persons ability to contact me for fear of spammers.

> Also, wouldn't the crawler have already sucked up all of our email
> addresses from the mailing list archive page?

Very excellent point. I do have the archives setup in my robots.txt but
as I stated if a spam crawler wanted to get at it there isn't much to
stop them except for the fact that there isn't a main link to the
archive pages except for the one located at the bottom of this email.
The archive pages do not have any link from any other page anyplace.

My vote is put a mail to for my name. Hell maybe I would have gotten the
RH stock offer.  ;-)

Jeff,

On another note. Would it be possible for you to turn of the Reply To:
in your mailer? When you force the Reply To: field it overrides the
mailing lists setting of this field so when any of us try to reply to
your mailing list posts it tries to send it directly to you and not to
the list.