[lazarus] Pascal Simple IDE for Linux

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jul 24 07:07:00 EDT 1999

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Curtis White wrote:

> Hey everyone developing in Linux. I found a decent IDE that has a Pascal plugin
> module for syntax highlighting.  It is setup to compile using FPC and all.  It
> is pretty decent to use for developing Lazarus in Linux.  Basically, this one
> can be used in place of the Simple IDE we were previously building.  It has
> Find/Replace and some other helpful options.  If you are working on Lazarus in
> Linux under XWindows, I would suggest checking this one out. Much easier than vi
> and the command line :-)
>
> Moonshine
> http://www.rednecksoft.com/
>
> BTW, I think this one also needs either KDE or the QT libraries.

It needs QT 1.42.

Don't forget to download the pascal module on the 'exchange' page. Default
you only get C and C++

And be certain to set the MOONSHINE environment variable correct; you get a
SEGV otherwise :)

Looks really cool. This is what you should try to beat in terms of nice GUI
(not functionality) :-)

Michael.