[lazarus] A Little Cleanup

Michael A. Hess mhess at harding.miraclec.com
Sat Jul 24 21:46:12 EDT 1999

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Shane Miller wrote:

> They are the same thing as the hint.  Initialy they got that name because
> that's whaat they are called in gtk.  They should be changed to hints.

I vote that they stay as tips. As you indicated that is what they are
called in GTK and I believe QT. I also know that that is what they are
called in many Windows add-on tools for VB and Delphi and whatever. I
think that Delphi is the only thing that calls them hints. To me a hint
sounds like I am cheating. What it really is doing is tipping you off to
what the tool can do.