[lazarus] Web Cluster

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Wed Jul 28 13:12:03 EDT 1999

I finally got our Linux Web Cluster up and running so soon we will be able
to host some of the stuff here where I work.

We have had it under a sim load now for 5 days with 100,000 client
connections around the clock. The 100m network cards are maxed out with
client transfers.

Even with this many users server utilization is only at 3%. The only
problems we have had so far is the clients that are running the sim load are
big nt boxes and the TCP/IP stack crashes at least twice a day.

Pretty impressive stuff!                  JUST GOTTA LOVE LINUX

JFYI We are running the Linux Virtual Server Kernel Patch on the Linux
Director a P90 box with 32 meg ram and a 500 m drive.
The web servers are toshiba desktops 300 mhz running linux apache.

Cliff

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."