[lazarus] TEdit Resize problems

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Wed Jul 28 15:00:13 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:57:19PM -0500, Cliff Baeseman wrote:
> For some reason no matter what I try I cannot get a TEdit to resize?
>
> It is doing nothing different that TLabel and TButton which has basically
> the same layout. What could possibly be the problem it is driving me crazy.

I have a similiar with TGroupBox. When the component was first commited
everything worked fine. About a week I tested again and get the following
effects:

   * The groupbox is always placed in the upper left corner of the form,
     independant of the values for "top" and "left"
   * The values for "width" and "height" can be set only once when I create
     the component. Every attempt to change them later will not be
     reflected on the form.

Another thing which may be related: When I open the editor and resize the
window, the form will only be resized if I move the window around a
little. Seems as if the editor form waits for some kind of repaint event
from the X server.

Hypothesis:

If I remember right, things changed for TgroupBox at about the time when
Shane got his canvas working and somebody else introdued the code for
TAlignment. Maybe one of these classes required some changes to the resize
code in gtkint.

Hope this helps a little

bye,

  Stefan