[lazarus] Can't cycle new compiler

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jul 28 17:35:38 EDT 1999

Curtis White wrote:

> I think your compile problem has to do with a path you have in your
> /etc/ppc386.cfg file.

I don't USE a ppc386.cfg file and never have.

> Like I said, I just now did an update of everything from cvs
> (compiler, rtl, gtk, fcl, api, lazarus, lcl, etc.) and rebuilt
> everything without any problems. I bet that path is what is causing
> you problems.

NO. NO. NO.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. This isn't because I don't know what
I am doing. I have been cycling compilers for months. Yes I know how to
"make clean" everything, that was the first thing I tried. My shell app
does it automatically but I did it myself manually to be sure. Then as a
further test I deleted ALL my source and tried to build from totally
fresh source. SAME PROBLEM. The interim compiler ppc1 generates a
runtime error 240 when trying to recompile syslinux.pp.

If you just did a complete update out of CVS and rebuilt a Linux
compiler I sure would like to know how.

I just did a build 16 hours ago without any problems. Something changed
within then and now.