[lazarus] Can't cycle new compiler

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Wed Jul 28 21:57:30 EDT 1999

On 29-Jul-99 Michael A. Hess wrote:
> Curtis White wrote:
>>
>> But I will be more careful about trying to help from now on.
>
> My apologies Curtis. Please don't let my momentary frustration deter you
> from trying to lend a hand. If I seemed curt (well I guess I was, sorry)
> it was my frustration of spending 2 days tring to get one simple thing
> working.

No problem. I know the feeling. I was getting pretty frustrated trying to get
the notebook component to accept controls (as a container). I fought it for
several days and today, I finally got it working.

> I should have been more diplomatic about it, Stefan sure was. Again 20
> lashes with a wet noodle for me, not you.  :-)

No problem. I'm easy. You only have to get 10 lashes :-)

> As Peter said that is REAL strange since it was a bug in the RTL which
> meant it just wouldn't work. Not real sure how you made a successful
> build.

I agree. I don't understand why it worked for me. All I can think is that my cvs
update didn't update everything it was supposed to for some reason. I need to
check my file permissions. But I just updated and cycled a new compiler now
that the fix has been made so I don't have that bug in there somewhere waiting
to get me :-)

Curtis