[[lazarus] CVS alternatives]

Michal Bukovjan mbukovjan at netscape.net
Sat Jul 31 09:26:37 EDT 1999

markku.niskanen at laatumikro.fi (Markku Niskanen) wrote:
> Is there any other way (apart from CVS download) to download/install
> the Lazarus Linux package(s); I am using Windows NT (Winproxy)  as my
> proxy to the Internet and can only establish a HTTP connection from my
> Linux box which does not have a modem installed; I have tried to
> configure PPP and use an external modem but have not succeeded in
> making it work on my own even though I have read all the Howto's and
> tutorials and tried a multitude of scripts.
>
> Markku
> --

Markku,

I was able to set the PPP connection up using network configuration utility
from RedHat 5.x. Be sure to have PPP support compiled in the kernel
(preferably 2.2 series), have pppd-2.3.7 or later (you can find this on
rpmfind.net) and be sure not to have other default gateway in your routing
table on your Linux box (which you probably have if you connect to the
Internet through a proxy). If you do, remove the default gateway before making
connection via PPP and setup the PPP connection to add one for you.

If you have a problem then, contact me, and maybe take this off this mailing
list.

Michal Bukovjan