[lazarus] What's the difference between these?

Ned Boddie nboddie at my-network.com
Sat Jul 31 14:49:29 EDT 1999

Weeelllll, here's my /etc/ppc386.cfg file - but it still doesn't work - note
the 'VER0_99_13' section with the pathing set up there:

#
# Example ppc386.cfg for Free Pascal Compiler Version 0.99.12
#

# ----------------------
# Defines (preprocessor)
# ----------------------

#
# nested #IFNDEF, #IFDEF, #ENDIF, #ELSE, #DEFINE, #UNDEF are allowed
#
# -d is the same as #DEFINE
# -u is the same as #UNDEF
#

# When not m68k is defined at the commandline, define i386
#IFNDEF m68k
  #DEFINE i386
#ENDIF

#
# Some examples (for switches see below, and the -? helppages)
#
# Try compiling with the -dRELEASE or -dDEBUG on the commandline
#

# For a release compile with optimizes and strip debuginfo
#IFDEF RELEASE
  -OG2p2
  -Xs
  #WRITE Compiling Release Version
#ENDIF

# For a debug version compile with debuginfo and all codegeneration checks on
#IFDEF DEBUG
  -g
  -Crtoi
  #WRITE Compiling Debug Version
#ENDIF

# ----------------
# Parsing switches
# ----------------

# All assembler blocks are intel styled by default
#-Rintel

# All assembler blocks are AT&T styled by default
#-Ratt

# Semantic checking
# -S2   switch some Delphi 2 extension on
# -Sc   supports operators like C (*=,+=,/= and -=)
# -Sg   allows LABEL and GOTO
# -Si   support C++ stlyed INLINE
# -Sm   support macros like C (global)
# -So   tries to be TP/BP 7.0 compatible
# -Ss   constructor name must be init (destructor must be done)
# -St   allows static keyword in objects

# Allow goto, inline, C-operators, C-vars
-Sgic

# ---------------
# Code generation
# ---------------

# Uncomment the next line if you always want static/dynamic units by default
# (can be overruled with -CD, -CS at the commandline)
#-CS
#-CD

# Set the default heapsize to 8Mb
#-Ch8000000

# Set default codegeneration checks (iocheck, overflow, range, stack)
#-Ci
#-Co
#-Cr
#-Ct

# Optimizer switches
# -Og        generate smaller code
# -OG        generate faster code (default)
# -Or        keep certain variables in registers (still BUGGY!!!)
# -Ou        enable uncertain optimizations (see docs)
# -O1        level 1 optimizations (quick optimizations)
# -O2        level 2 optimizations (-O1 + slower optimizations)
# -O3        level 3 optimizations (same as -O2u)
# -Op        target processor
#     -Op1  set target processor to 386/486
#     -Op2  set target processor to Pentium/PentiumMMX (tm)
#     -Op3  set target processor to PPro/PII/c6x86/K6 (tm)

# Optimize always for Size and Pentium
#-OG2p2

# -----------------------
# Set Filenames and Paths
# -----------------------

# Slashes are also allowed under dos

# path to the messagefile, not necessary anymore but can be used to override
# the default language
#-Fr/opt/fpc/msg/errore.msg
#-Fr/opt/fpc/msg/errorn.msg

# searchpath for includefiles
#-Fi/pp/inc;/pp/rtl/inc

# searchpath for units and other system dependent things
#IFDEF Go32V1
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_STATIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/go32v1/static
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/go32v1/static
  #ENDIF
  -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/go32v1
  -Fu/opt/fpc/units/go32v1
#ENDIF
#IFDEF Go32V2
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_STATIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/go32v2/static
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/go32v2/static
  #ENDIF
  -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/go32v2
  -Fu/opt/fpc/units/go32v2
#ENDIF
#IFDEF Win32
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_STATIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/win32/static
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/win32/static
  #ENDIF
  -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/win32
  -Fu/opt/fpc/units/win32
#ENDIF
#IFDEF OS2
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_STATIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/os2/static
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/os2/static
  #ENDIF
  -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/os2
  -Fu/opt/fpc/units/os2
#ENDIF
#IFDEF Linux
  # For statically, smartlinked units
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_STATIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux/static
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux/static
  #ENDIF
  # For Dynamically linked units
  #IFDEF FPC_LINK_DYNAMIC
    -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux/shared
    -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux/shared
  #ENDIF
  -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux
  -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux
  #-Fu~/pp/units;~/pp/rtl/linux
  #-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/0.99.12/units;/usr/lib/fpc/0.99.12/rtl
#ENDIF

#ifdef VER0_99_13
 -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux
 -Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/linux
 -Fu/opt/fpc/gtk
 -Fu/opt/fpc/api
 -Fu/opt/fpc/fv
 -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/objpas
 -Fu/opt/fpc/gtk/glib
 -Fu/opt/fpc/gtk/gdk
 -Fu/opt/fpc/gtk/gtk
 -Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus
 -Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl
 -Fu/opt/fpc/test/propedit
 -Fu/opt/fpc/test/mwedit
 -Fi/opt/fpc/rtl/objpas
 -Fi/opt/fpc/inc
 -Fi/opt/fpc/rtl/inc
 -Fi/opt/fpc/rtl/i386
 -Fi/opt/fpc/rtl/linux
 -Fi/opt/fpc/fcl/inc
 -Fi/opt/fpc/fcl/linux
 -Fi/opt/fpc/lazarus
 -Fi/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl
 -Fi/opt/fpc/test/propedit
 -Fi/opt/fpc/test/mwedit
#endif

# searchpath for libraries
-Fl/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66
#-Fl/pp/lib
#-Fl/lib;/usr/lib

# -------------
# Linking
# -------------

# generate always debugging information for GDB (slows down the compiling
# process)
#-g

# always pass an option to the linker
#-k-s

# Always strip debuginfo from the executable
-Xs

# -------------
# Miscellaneous
# -------------

# Write always a nice FPC logo ;)
-l

# Verbosity
# e : Show errors (default)       d : Show debug info
# w : Show warnings               u : Show used files
# n : Show notes                  t : Show tried files
# h : Show hints                  m : Show defined macros
# i : Show general info           p : Show compiled procedures
# l : Show linenumbers            c : Show conditionals
# a : Show everything             0 : Show nothing (except errors)

# Display Info, Warnings, Notes and Hints
-viwnhdu
# If you don't want so much verbosity use
#-vw

#
# That's all folks
#