[lazarus] Linking problem ...

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Jun 2 09:51:07 EDT 1999

Cliff, remember that we don't want to build an entire RAD IDE in GTK.  We simply want something that will allow us to continue on Lazarus.  Some of the things that you are working on may be better if they are put into Lazarus.  If you have found a way to bypass the string addition problem, then perhaps we should implement it in Lazarus.

Currently, Lazarus can open any files and save them too.  We are not using the tabs because we have yet to determine a good way to do the resizing and the alignment of child controls.  I think this stuff should be worked on instead of a form designer.  Remember, we are trying to implement a basic IDE and then create the units so others can write code.

There will be no way for you to use the form designer without the basic units finished.
Can someone look into the resize problem?  The basic idea is having TCONTROL (or something) keep a list of controls and when one resizes, run through that list and it a control's parent is the control that resized, then tell that control to resize.  Then we can check each controls alignment and such....

What are your thoughts Cliff?
Shane

>>> "Baeseman, Cliff" <Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.com> 06/01 4:05 PM >>>
Shane did anyone run that stuff you are having trouble with?

Cliff