[lazarus] Wrapping glib with objects

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Wed Jun 16 00:39:33 EDT 1999

> This brings me to another issue:  I realize the importance of bringing
> over
> current Delphi projects, and therefore we need a compatible interface.
> However, I would very much like to see us fix any of the deficiencies of
> Delphi (real container classes and thread management classes come to
> mind).
> This interface should probably be separate from the main interface.
> Unless
> we want to start using real-live interfaces (pure abstract classes) as a
> basis for our libraries.

I think this is a great idea. But I think that maybe improvements over
Delphi should be put into a compiler switch so "Delphi Compatible" mode can
be enabled or disabled. That way if someone wants to port pure Delphi code,
they can without worrying that something extra might get added in.  But I
would sure hate to limit people who are smart enough to be programming in
Linux to Windows limitations :-)

Curtis