[lazarus]

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Sun Jun 27 21:28:15 EDT 1999

  Check it out XLib is the layer just above the graphics driver so that
means we are down to the lowest layer below QT and below GTK.  GNOME and KDE
are built on top of GTK+ and QT which for sure are talking to XLIB.

  As for events we will have to setup out own event handler loop that will
do a peek on the XLib event stack and send the coresponding WM...

  Control placement and resize would be totally up to us since we would be
in charge of rendering the components.

This is programming low and it is not going to be an easy task but it will
give us total component control.

Cliff