[lazarus] The Code in CVS

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Mon May 3 09:46:05 EDT 1999

Shane,

    I have made a whole bunch of changes to the code in CVS.  The control
unit uses fixed widget placement
but I did not get to include the memo stuff.  I have a copy of the zip file
you sent me on friday night if
you need a copy to work your changes in.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: fpc-pascal-admin at vekoll.saturnus.vein.hu
[mailto:fpc-pascal-admin at vekoll.saturnus.vein.hu] On Behalf Of marek
jedlinski
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 1999 7:11 AM
To: fpc-pascal
Subject: [fpc-pascal] New user; regular expressions in fpc?

Hello,

I hope this is not a FAQ... it doesn't seem to be *in* the FAQ :)

I know no C, but have over the years written much useful stuff in TP
(5 through 7) and Delphi. I've now installed fpc on Linux, and I'm really
surprised at how painlessly my old TP code ports! I love it, because
thanks to fpc I can actually do useful things in a programming language
I know. Thanks, all!

And my question. For an application I'd like to have in Linux, I really
need regular expressions matching. I know fpc doesn't support them
internally (Borland never did, but wouldn't it be a wonderful addition
to some future release of Free Pascal)? I've grepped the documentation,
but the terms 'regular expression' or 'regex' don't even occur there.
Is it possible to interface fpc with some common C library that provides
regexes? Has anyone done somehting like that before, or are there any
examples of code I could look at?

I could be using perl instead of fpc (I'm fairly familiar with the
Camel way of doing things ), but perl makes it a drag to implement
any sort of full-screen user interface, also requiring injections
of C. I could write the interface with fpc, but then - no regexes,
hence my question. I'll very much appreciate any hints.

Thanks a lot,
.marek jedlinski

--
General Frenetics, Discorporated: http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/
Wit levels low.  Attempting to compensate.

fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at vekoll.saturnus.vein.hu