gtk

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Mon May 3 14:12:25 EDT 1999

Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> el día Mon, 3 May 1999
08:57:30 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time), escribió:

>> well, after re-reading my mail, I think I have left
>> some holes.
>>
>> My question is: can the FCL acommodate GUI components ?
>>
>> I think, at least, is worth trying.
>
>The other members of the Free Pascal team seem to agree with you.
>The question is then 'how' and 'what' to place 'where' ?

WHERE:
fcl/
    linux/
    win32
    inc/          (the more code here, the better, of course)
    gui/
        gtk/
        win32/
        qt/
        inc/      (independent toolkit parts, as Peter pointed out)

this is just a proposed implementation, feel free to modify
or change it as desired.

WHAT: I think this will require Lazarus cooperation, there is
a good amount of code to be put under fcl/gui/gtk and fcl/gui/inc
already.

HOW: cp stdcontrols.pp fcl/gui/gtk ... and so on :)
     if you have mc is even more easy :)

btw, attached is a patch to makefile.fpc, it solve the error
"dirname: too may arguments" in my StarBuck 5.9.7 (aka
RedHat 6.0 beta), RedHat do not install gcc, it install
egcs (will be renamed gcc in the future according to
rms). Should work with gcc installed (I hope).

this is the rigth mailing list to post this kind of patchs ?
Isn't there a mailing list for FPC ?

Sergio