[lazarus] lazarus compile problems

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue May 4 21:57:31 EDT 1999

Sergio A. Kessler wrote:

> btw, the variables XLIBDIR and GTKLIBDIR are not used in the
> lazarus makefile (I do a symlink /usr/lib/X11 -> /usr/X11R6/lib)

Add what I have indicated in this previous email. Cliff you might want
to patch the makefile and compite it to CVS.

http://www.miraclec.com/list_archives/lazarus/msg00164.html

Then define the XLIBDIR and possibly GTKLIBDIR if you need it.

> I think it will be more sane to use the content of /etc/ld.so.conf
> file instead of XLIBDIR and GTKLIBDIR, no ?

The makefile.fpc is setup to handle all this and it might be better to
stick with the current setup.   :-)