[lazarus] RPM Install

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Mon May 10 14:08:44 EDT 1999

You will have to fix it nico mentioned the error there is a missing semi
colon on that line in the source of linux.pp  ;)

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 1999 12:37 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] RPM Install

Well, I am trying to rebuild the compiler but am getting an error in
Linux.pp
(2858,9) Fatal : Syntax error ; expected but identifier K found

Not sure why...
I downloaded all the daliy snapshots and unziped them into correct
directorys.

Shane

>>> Cliff Baeseman <Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.com> 05/10 12:26 PM >>>
Thanx,

Looks like I will be doing alot of system reconfiguring tonight....

Once I get upgraded I will move lazarus to the 1.2 codebase.

After I complete this I am going to build a RPM that will install lazarus,
fcl, compiler and the GTK. I will check everything for required files etc.

If I do this am I going to have to install to a different directory than
FPC?

Should I keep our stuff separated, I think that I probably should to avoid
conflicts. I can then control
what we are using to avoid compatibility problems. Lazarus will ultimately
pass all the switches and paths to the compiler vs using the config unit
because those settings are in the project file.

We probably should coordinate this with the FPC fellas. If I do this
correctly it will allow easy setup
for someone who does not care to use lazarus but just want's the compiler.

Hopefully this will end most of the New User Problems once and for all....

Cliff