[lazarus] Linker Problem? Has anyone else seen thisproblem!

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue May 11 13:49:25 EDT 1999

That's a path problem in ppc386.cfg

Are you sure the -lXi isn't supposed to be -X11

If it's X11 then the path should point to /usr/X11R6/lib or something like that

Shane

>>> Cliff Baeseman <Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.com> 05/11 12:38 PM >>>
Has anyone seen this problem occur and how can it be fixed it looks like the
linker is looking for a path that is not defined properly?

Someone else's system not mine!  I am able to compile under 1.2 no
problem....

Cliff

main.pp(102,36) Hint: Parameter not used SENDER
main.pp(108,30) Hint: Parameter not used SENDER
main.pp(121,27) Hint: Parameter not used SENDER
main.pp(128,27) Hint: Parameter not used SENDER
main.pp(138,1) Note: Local variable not used VBOX1
main.pp(138,7) Note: Local variable not used VBOX2
main.pp(139,1) Note: Local variable not used TFCOMPONENT
main.pp(140,1) Note: Local variable not used FCONTEXT
main.pp(424,1) Note: Local variable not used PROJECT
Assembling main
application.pp(74,1) Note: Local variable not used TFORM
Assembling application
Assembling lazarus
Linking lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lXi: No such file or directory
<-----------------is this a path problem

in his ppc386.cfg file
Warning: Error while linking
Closing script ppas.sh
5216 Lines compiled, 2.0 sec
[root at a202-073 lazarus]#

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."