[lazarus] lazarus howto 0.1 (comments, please)

Michael Anthon mca at tams.com.au
Wed May 12 22:20:39 EDT 1999

I tried this and it failed on the step shown below.  Perhaps it could be
changed to include the CVS root in the command line (as I did, it IS pretty
obvious really) and maybe how/where to set the CVSROOT environment variable.

Cheers
Michael Anthon

PS  Thanks for this too, I might actaully be able to get it to compile, will
report my success or failure when the CVS checkout is done....

> Now you need to checkout (download) the modules:
>
> cvs checkout <module1> <module2>

bash> cvs -d :pserver:cvs at tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be:/usr/local/CVS login
(Logging in to cvs at tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be)
CVS password:
bash> cvs checkout base compiler rtl fcl gtk lazarus
cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
bash>  cvs -d :pserver:cvs at tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be:/usr/local/CVS checkout
base compiler rtl fcl gtk lazarus