[lazarus] Lazarus and GTK and Free Pascal Snapshot RPM install

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 13 06:15:09 EDT 1999

> >Next will be FCL placed in /usr/lib/0.99.10 with snapshot dependancy.
> >
> >Last will be lazarus placed in /usr/lib/lazarus with dependancies of
> >snapshot GTK and FCL
>
> lazarus is not a lib, using /usr/lib is not correct, how
> about /usr/src ?

/usr/local/xxx is a better place then /usr/xxx btw. I also don't like this about
the normal FPC distribution.

Packages NOT in the linux distribution (in my case Redhat) go to /usr/local
and below. Since SUSE packages FPC, the SUSE RPM should install it
to /usr/lib. This is btw a normal unix convention.

If I want to do a fresh install of redhat, I simply backup /usr/local/* and put it
back after a fresh install, and I only have to adapt some symlinks. (and if
I put /usr/local/bin in the path not even that)

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl)
<http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdlib.htm>