[lazarus] Objpas and Self problem

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Fri May 14 11:32:53 EDT 1999

commit when ready.....

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael A. Hess [mailto:mhess at miraclec.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 10:15 AM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Objpas and Self problem

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> hello,
>
> It seems to me that the objpas and self problem are related.
> I removed the objpas everywhere. Instead it should say everywhere
>
> {$mode delphi}
>
> and the objpas should be REMOVED from the uses clause.
> (I didn't add the {$Mode delphi}, instead I used
> 'make OPT=-S2')

I'm going to add the {$mode Delphi} if you don't mind because I hate
using OPT=-S2. The reason is unless it tells you in the code you don't
know you were suppose to set it and when it doesn't compile correctly
you don't have a clue as to why.

As the Self problem I'm not sure what is going on. I modified the
TApplication so that it is GUI independent and it also has the
CreateForm method. To get this to work I needed to use Self and I also
needed to move LoadMainMenu to be called in the TForm1.Create method.
When I moved it their I had to remove the implicit TForm1.{whatever}
references since TForm1 wasn't set yet. Therefor it needed to use Self
and it works fine. I have managed to compile and run lazarus in this
manner.

I am going to make a few more changes this morning and will then commit
what I have done for everyone to look at.

> So, once more: do a
>   cvs update
> before committing anything !!

I made a WHOLE lot of changes last night and this morning but I'll
update and check out your stuff before committing.