[lazarus] Lazarus how-to 0.2

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Fri May 14 12:38:59 EDT 1999

Michael Anthon <mca at tams.com.au> el día Fri, 14 May 1999 20:47:07 +1000,
escribió:

[snip]
>Here is a simple script that may be of help to those trying to figure
>out this CVS stuff for the first time.  Place it in /opt/fpc and just
>run it each time you want to do an update.
>
>#!/bin/bash
>CVSROOT=':pserver:cvs at tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be:/usr/local/CVS'
>cvs -z3 -d ${CVSROOT} update -d base gtk compiler lazarus rtl fcl

thanks, I've added this to the how-to (a little modified)

>While we are on this subject, what level of compression should be used?
>I was of the understanding that 9 is the highest compression ratio,
>should I be using this instead of 3 ?

There is no much difference betwen z3 and z9, ok, z9 will compress
a little more, but it will eat much CPU from the cvs server
(the cvs server must run gzip at full compression), so if
everyone will use z9, the tflily server will get overloaded
if there the rigth amount of people.
Then I don't think z9 is correct or polite to put in a how-to
that many people can follow.

Sergio