[lazarus] New stuff commited

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Fri May 14 16:24:36 EDT 1999

ant then you will have to do a cvs commit...

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 3:06 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] New stuff commited

You forgot to commit (add) GUIAPI.  HAve to do that otherwise no one will be
able to compile....

Please inform us when complete......I think you do a cvs add GUIAPI.PP

Shane

>>> "Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> 05/14 1:21 PM >>>
Greetings,

Unless I really screwed things up (I wouldn't be surprised) I have
commited my changes to CVS. I have moved TApplication to forms.pp and
removed applications.pp. The reason will be apparent if you look at the
code. Application is automatically built for you so your main project
files should look exactly like a Delphi project file.

uses guiapi, forms;

begin
   Application.Initialize;
   Application.CreateForm({formtype}, {form instance});
   Application.Run;
end;

I have added Application.Terminate to the Quit menu item.

I modified a small amount of main.pp to adjust TForm1 to use the new
application. This meant adding a TForm1.Create. I have also started
moving GUI specific API calls into the unit guiapi.pp. In the case of
lazarus this will be use for gtk+ calls but in the future a qt specific,
or gnome specific guiapi.pp file could be created and then an fpc
program could be linked with those libraries.

As we make those kind of modifications things like TApplication and
TForm should probably be moved into the vcl instead of being in lazarus.

I will be doing more to TApplication in the furture to store information
about the various Forms under its control.

I used {$mode objfpc} to get it to compile since {$mode delphi} really
started messing things up.