[lazarus] Lazarus how-to 0.2

Michael Anthon mca at tams.com.au
Fri May 14 21:53:18 EDT 1999

Success !!!!!!!

I (finally) got Lazarus to compile, link and run.  I did a CVS update
this morning then recompiled everything.  Initially, lazarus would not
link, but I tracked this down.  I had gtk1.1 installed from RPM and
gtk1.2 from source.  The RPM installs all it's library files in /usr/lib
and I had the gtk1.2 stuff in /usr/local/gnome/lib.  This in itself
should not cause a problem, but the linker is trying to link using the
1.1 libs.  I simply removed these to another location and recompiled
everything[1] again and it worked !!

Thanks for all the help with this everyone.  Now I just have to wait
till I get in to work on Monday and have a play with it [2]

Cheers
Michael A

[1] Just to be on the safe side, probably could just have re-linked
lazarus but I was not sure.

[2] Running X over a modem really sucks