[lazarus] new forms.pp

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue May 18 03:24:15 EDT 1999

Sergio Kessler wrote:

> Hi, I'm playing a little with forms.pp, I'm using
> gtk_signal_connect_object and not gtk_signal_connect.

If I might ask could no one else work on the gtk_signal_connect issues.
I am in the process of trying to get it working with the

procedure DoShow({..stuff...}); message 'show';

So that it uses the Dispatcher now built into the FPC Objects. This will
help remove the dependence on gtk for this part of the code. It will
reside in guiapi.pp.

So far I have everything setup and it should work very nicely if I could
just get the DispatchStr feature to work. I keep getting Access
violations when every DispatchStr is being called.

Does any one have any pointer on this for me? Does any one have some
sample code showing DispatchStr working because I can't get it to work
at all and I don't know if it is me or the feature.  HELP!

I'm currently working and testing with forms.pp but when I get it
working I'll update from CVS and add it to all files that are currently
calling gtk_signal_connect.