[lazarus] Lazarus First Pass Editor Approach!

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Wed May 19 17:57:45 EDT 1999

Gents,

  Myself and Shane had a long phone discussion today about the development
of the first pass ide.

Here is what we plan to do, right or wrong we are going to try and approach
it from this angle first.  We are going to build a
simple ide with the syntax highllighting and debug window with a compile
button etc.

This will be built using straight procedural code with little or no use of
the object structure. It will be a pure GTK+ app front end for free pascal.
We need to wait for the compiler to mature a little bit more before
re-implementing the object structure. I am really tired of using a text
editor to write my code in and this will give me alot more than that.  I
intend to create a new project called lazaruside and this is where we will
write the code for the app.

We intend to implement nothing but pure gtk here with none or very little
object structures. We should be able to get this running in a very short
time we figure nothing more than a week or so before it is usable. We will
not be fighting stuff like Self and lost object references so our job will
be very easy..

No more text editors for me! ;l)

Cliff

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."