[lazarus] create

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Wed May 19 18:22:01 EDT 1999

"Mike Z." wrote:

> At 22:45 5/18/99 -0300, you wrote:
> >>
> >> Now we go back to the discussion of "Is it time to worry about this
> >> yet". I say no. It is something we want to keep in mind and plan on
> >> going back and doing but right now we need a working IDE. Once we have
> >> BETTER environment to work in then I say we stop go back and smooth out
> >> all the rough edges in our hasty design and build of the IDE.
> >
> >Then we'll have a broking environment and nobody will go back.
> >It's the same case with gtk 1.0 ot gtk 1.2
> >Linus always said that half solutions always found a way to stay
> >for a loooong time, if you will gonna to do it, do it rigth.
> >

> These are both good points.  It's tough to get motivated to fix shoddy
> design when there's "new" stuff to program.  It's also tough (for me, at
> least) to be real creative with the environment currently available on
> linux - even though I love rhide.

I think you are using a bad distribution or that you don't find
the editor that fit you.
I'm using gEdit of Gnome, and can do all the things that I can
in an editor for win (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, etc)

> I have a suggestion.  Since you're using gtk and the win32 dll's are
> available why not do this initial development under win32?  FPIDE is
pretty
> nice and I've even been using Delphi as an editor for fpc code generation.
> The end result should compile on either platform anyway (I'm able to
> compile and run lazarus on win32).

use the tool that you like   :)

--
  |    Sergio A. Kessler  http://perio.unlp.edu.ar/~sergio
-O_O-  Keep working at it... you will either succeed, or become an expert.